10-year-old Rock Island boy found dead in his mother's garbage can after seven months
Leroy N. Soetoro
2023-11-04 19:26:12 UTC
https://www.wqad.com/article/news/local/rock-island-suspicious-death-10-
year-old-boy/526-d56b8e30-aa74-4509-8c3d-caebf5179f0c

ROCK ISLAND, Ill. — Rock Island Police are investigating a suspicious
death of a 10-year-old boy, according to a release from the department and
information from the Rock Island County coroner.

On Wednesday, July 26, around 9:30 a.m., Rock Island Police began an
investigation into a suspicious death in the 1700 block of 20 1/2 Avenue.

Rock Island County coroner Brian Gustafson confirmed the victim was
identified as Zion Staples, a 10-year-old boy, of Rock Island.

News Eight spoke with a neighbor who can't believe this happened across
the street from her.

"I've lost sleep over it and I've prayed a lot," Deb said. "I have to
believe that she has done some extra measures to cover up that smell,
otherwise nobody could have stood that, nobody."

Like many of us, Deb is wondering how it's taken seven months to find
Zion, and what tipped of police to come to the house.

"Where was the school, and where was the family," Deb questioned. "Nobody
seemed to come over there and question it."

An autopsy was performed Friday, July 28, in Rockford. According to
Gustafson, the preliminary results showed the death was "considered
suspicious and not natural."

On Wednesday evening, Sushi M. Staples, 37, was taken into custody and
charged with concealment of a death, obstruction of justice, and failure
to report the death of a child.

Staples appeared in court on Friday, where bond was set at $500,000 (10%).
A preliminary hearing has been set for August 15.

The coroner said that due to the ongoing nature of the investigation, no
further information will be released at this time. Rock Island Police
Department also declined further comment.
--
We live in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so that
stupid people won't be offended.

Durham Report: The FBI has an integrity problem. It has none.

fiasco, President Trump.

queer liberal democrat donors.

Cozy Nest
2023-11-22 16:00:18 UTC